TL;DR: This bootstrap enables the easy telegram bot developing in Python with production-grade features.
Telegram rules. It’s the king if we take in count the number of features… and its awesome bot skills.
I used telegram bots for multiple scenarios: alarm notification, scrapping control, automation tools, …
python-telegram-bot library for Python very good.
Telegram exposes a REST API for its bots platforms. It’s a great API but its documentation is a bit ugly.
python-telegram-bot wraps the API and it’s pretty straightforward to create a bot with it… but in my humble opinion, it’s slightly complicated to create a production grade bot.
That is the reason for creating a Python bootstrap project with interesting and very used features: github.com/jmrobles/telegram-bot-bootstrap
The features included since the very moment that you clone the repository are:
- Dependency injection: You can easy inject dependencies for your bot.
- Clean Architecture: Approach to a clean architecture.
- Internationalization (i18n) support:
- Persistence with database support: Database support with SQLAlchemy and pydantic.
- Bot encapsulation: Use of
methodsto interface with
- Payments ready: If you can use Payments, a template handler for payments with Stripe is already enabled.
- Execution lifecycle: Use of
signalsto shutdown the bot properly.
- Metrics: Prometheus client integration.
Code is structured in 3 main folders:
- core: interfaces, abstract classes, …
- app: business logic (models, controllers, …)
- infra: infrastructure parts (storage driver, adapters, UI specific, …)
It’s important to highlight the main bot code.
We use a class, TGBot, where we implement the commands that our bot handles.